Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tequila & Rum Soaked Watermelon


I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided I'd tweak it a bit.  Here's the recipe I came up with:

Tequila & Rum Soaked Watermelon
About half of a medium-sized watermelon cut into bite-sized chunks - rind removed*
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup rum
3/4 cup tequila
2 limes
salt

Cut watermelon into bite-sized chunks with rind removed.  Arrange in single layer in 9x13 baking dish.  Place sugar and water in saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved.  Let mixture cool slightly.  Add tequila and rum to sugar water.  Stir.  Pour yummy concoction over your bite-sized watermelons.  Squeeze lime juice over watermelons and sprinkle with some salt if you want - but I wouldn't put very much.  Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in fridge overnight.  Drain liquid.  (I drained the liquid into a bowl and it's sitting in my fridge waiting for me to mix it with a Sprite - I bet that will be yummy)

That's all there is to it.  Be prepared to have your flip-flops blown off because these are pretty dang good.

*Take my advice and cut the watermelon into smaller chunks than what is pictured above.

If you plan on taking these to a get-together, make sure you label the container in some way that the other guests will know these watermelons are for adults only.    
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics