Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fort Worth Mama's Macaroni Salad


So the other day I started making the macaroni salad I posted last year.  Of course I had to come to my blog to read the recipe because I have a severe case of CRS.

While reading the recipe, I noticed that the second ingredient was 2 cups of mayonnaise.  Yes, I said that right, 2 cups of mayonnaise - that's just, like, crazy.  I could have made a snowman out of two cups of mayo.  What was I thinking?  So I decided to revamp the recipe a little bit.  Here you go:


Fort Worth Mama's Macaroni Salad

1 (20 oz.) bag medium-sized pasta shells
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper (I add a little more - depends on your taste)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt (I add a little more)
Couple of squirts of Dijon mustard
1 bell pepper chopped finely
1 onion chopped finely
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use sharp)

Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions.  Drain and rinse pasta - set aside to cool to room temperature.

Mix together all of the ingredients except bell pepper, onion and cheese.

Mix sauce with the pasta.

Add in chopped bell pepper, onion and cheddar cheese.

Refrigerate.

Try not to inhale the whole bowl.  You've got to feed your entire family, you know.  It can't always be just about you, you, you - geez, Louise!

Go here to check out more great recipes:
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, that looks sooooooo good! I love macaroni salad but it never turns out right when I make it at home. I'm making this recipe tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like it, Delilah. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That look so so good! I think my mom used to make something similar every once in a while, but hasn't made it in soooo long!

    Stopping by from Weekend Potluck :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics