Monday, July 9, 2012

Creamy Fiesta Dip


I must admit I'm not very creative when it comes to food.  I can follow a recipe like a champ, but when it comes to creating a recipe, pffft, notsumuch.  So I was, like, super-duper proud of myself for coming up with this.  It tastes phenomenal.  My husband thought it would be delicious stuffed in some jalapenos and wrapped in bacon.  I think it would be great slathered on some flour tortillas and make pinwheels out of them.  It's probably at its best when it's sitting on top of a tortilla chip.

I'm going to go off course here a minute and talk about a brand of tortilla chips that I just discovered that I'm in love with.  I found them at Albertson's.  And here they are:


Yes, the bag is ripped and the chips are 3/4 of the way gone - that's because Mama got ahold of them.  I might have shared a couple with the youngins because I have a big heart like that.  

Julio's chips are flavored tortilla chips.  The number three ingredient is lime which I think might be why I like them so much.  They're manufactured in Del Rio, TX, so that is awesome.  But I will say, if you use these chips to eat the Creamy Fiesta Dip, you might get a little overwhelmed with all the flavors going on in your mouth.  So I'd suggest just using a plain, unflavored tortilla chip.

Okay.  I told you I was going to go off course but I just had to tell you about Julio's chips because they are the bomb.com.

So back to the Creamy Fiesta Dip.  Here we go:

Creamy Fiesta Dip

2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese - room temperature
1/2 cup mexicorn
1 1-ounce package dry ranch dip
1 chipotle pepper diced
1 Tbs. adobo sauce
1 1/2 Tbs. chopped cilantro

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then refrigerate.  Serve with plain tortilla chips.

This dip probably tastes better a day after you make it so all of the flavors have a chance to marry.  (Look at me talking all chef-like now - holla!)

Bon appettit.

(Go here for some other yummy recipes.)
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my family's all time favorite dips! Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Potluck!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Guess I'm not the only one who put those flavors together before! It is delicious, isn't it?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics