Monday, July 16, 2012

Gram's Pink Stuff


When I was a little girl, my grandma used to make this fluffy, delicious, pink concoction when she had get-togethers at her house.  She'd place a bowl of it right in the corner of the table just close enough to the edge of the table where my little arms could reach it.  When nobody was looking (or so I thought) I'd swipe my finger through it every time I'd walk by.  I simply adored this stuff.

One day when my Gram was putting this on the table, I said, What do you call that, Gram?  She said that she didn't think it really had a name and she asked me what I'd like to call it.  I said, Pink Stuff.  So the name stuck.

If someone were to ask me what my favorite meal is, I'd say weenies and kraut, fried potatoes, beans and cornbread, and Gram's Pink Stuff.


Gram's Pink Stuff

1 can cherry pie filling (21-ounce can)
1 can crushed pineapple (8-ounce can)
1 can condensed milk (12-ounce can)
1 container thawed whipped topping aka Cool Whip (8-ounce tub)

Pour pie filling, pineapple and condensed milk in bowl and mix with hand mixer (you could mix by hand if you wanted the cherries to keep their shape, but I like mine all smooshed up).  Fold in Cool Whip.  Refrigerate.


Go here to check out other great recipes and here to check out great recipes and ideas.

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I haven't had this in years! My nana made the same pink stuff. Thanks for the reminder to make some. Found you on Weekend Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stuff too...MMMM! Your photo is so taste-tempting. So glad you linked up at Weekend Potluck - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoo, it' so FLUFFY! :) Thanks for sharing at Weekend Potluck!
    ~Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super fluffy! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. My Grannie made this stuff too! She called it Cherry Fluff. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherry Fluff sounds so much better than Pink Stuff, Pam! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! My recipe calls for pineapple tidbits, but think I would like the crushed better. I also add a small pkg. Of chopped nuts. Walnuts are my favorite!! Cant get enough of this dessert. I call it "pink glop"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics