Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sweet & Tangy Coleslaw


Well, summer is almost over.  That kind of has me feeling bipolar-ish in a way.  I'm glad this dadgum Texas heat will be letting up soon, and I'm sad that I'm going to have to start getting up early every morning and drive my daughter to school - well, that, and I'll also miss the little booger while she's at school.

I figured I better post this before summer was totally over and everyone puts the thought of coleslaw out of their minds.  I have to admit that, until now, I had never made coleslaw in my life.  I still have yet to shred any cabbage - that just sounds dangerous.  I cheated and used a bag of store-bought coleslaw.  You can do the same and spare any damage to your knuckles.

Sweet & Tangy Coleslaw

1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 16 oz. bag coleslaw

Mix all ingredients in bowl.  Pour over coleslaw.


Go here for more great recipes:



and here:

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Just pinned your great recipe and thanks for sharing on Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by, Miz Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum...we love slaw. I usually make it with all mayo and lemon juice instead of vinegar! I'll have to try it your way. It looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe it looks great! I am always trying to find new recipes for coleslaw over my usual: http://www.cookeatdelicious.com/gluten-free-recipes/tangy-and-sweet-coleslaw-recipe.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics