Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Stuff We Find In Our Yard


I live in Fort Worth.  That's kind of obvious.  We live in the city.  We don't live in an unincorporated part of the city but the actual city.  We're lucky enough to live on about an acre of property which has a creek running through the front of it.  I say creek like it's some sort of beautiful, meandering stream flowing gracefully through our property.  In reality, it's sort of a naturally-made drainage ditch for storm water runoff.  Sounds strange, this sort of country-like setting being smack dab in the middle of Fort Worth, but that's just the way it is, and I consider myself very, very lucky to be living sort of in the country in the city. 

With those kind of surroundings comes a lot of strange things that find their way into our yard.  Some of them are kind of unbelievable.  Some of the things are just plain old trash that people throw out going down the road.  Those people who litter should be forced to sleep with whatever they throw out on the side of the road for at least 5,796 days of their stinky lives.

I thought it would be fun to share with you pictures of things I find in our yard because some of them are just so crazy, and I want to share my craziness with you.  Maybe I'll start this as a new feature once a week, kind of like my Texas Music feature I do.  It might be a once-a-month thing - depends on what finds its way into our yard.

You ready?  Here's installment one:

Just one of the many crazy things that found its way into our yard

That's a coyote pup that wandered up into our yard back in June of 2008.  At the time, we had about three basset hounds that lived outside.  This pup walked up to the fence where our dogs were and just stared at our dogs.  Then the pup walked a few feet and laid down under my car.  I called Fort Worth Animal Control and they came out, along with a police officer, and they captured the poor little thing and took him away.

Doesn't he look so pitiful?  I think about this poor guy at times and sometimes I feel bad because I called animal control.  I guess I could have raised this puppy and gave him a home.  It would have been totally cool when somebody asked what kind of dog I had and I said, I have a COYOTE - Booya - Top that one, son!!  Oh, man, that would have been awesome.  What wouldn't have been awesome is this COYOTE turning on me one day and him gouging my eyeballs out with his back teeth.  I like my eyeballs, thankyouverymuch, Wile E. Coyote.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics