Friday, June 15, 2012

Grilled Romaine Hearts



I saw this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine and thought it looked like something I wanted to try.  They turned out pretty good.


The only drawback was I wasn't sure how to eat them - cut them up?  Put them on my burger?  I didn't know...so I went all Wilma Flinstone on them and picked them up and ate them like a cave woman.


Grilled Romaine Hearts
1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 to 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise with cores intact
salt and pepper

In a small bowl, mix together the oil and vinegar.  Brush over all surfaces of romaine.  Grill uncovered over medium-high heat until charred - about 1-2 minutes, turning once.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Here's a link to the original recipe.


We're linking up to Weekend Potluck over at The County Cook.   Click the link to check out some other great recipes.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics