Friday, June 22, 2012

Cocktail Time - Tropical Sludge


Yes, I am a mama.  Yes, I like cocktails.  There, I said it.  I feel much better now.   

This is my absolute favorite summertime adult beverage.  It is so fruity and tropical and sweet and just plain ol' delicious.  My husband doesn't care for it, but you know what that means...more for me!!

I found the original recipe over at another great website called Deep South Dish.  She calls it Vodka Slush which sounds so much nicer than Tropical Sludge, but since I tweeked the recipe to my liking, I figured I better call it something else.  Here's my take on this awesome drink:


Tropical Sludge

1 (12 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 (12 oz.) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1 (12 0z.) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
4 1/2 cups water
2 cups vodka
1 cup granulated sugar
Lemon-Lime drink - Sprite or 7 Up or whatever you like (I buy the cans because I like my drinks fizzy.)

Mix thawed lemonade, limeade and orange juice in a large, freezer-safe container.  Add the water, vodka and sugar and stir.  Freeze overnight (if you can wait that long - if you can't, just pour in sludge mixture over ice in a cup about halfway to 3/4 full, then pour lemon-lime drink on top - mix well and drink.)



If you're patient enough to let it sit in the freezer overnight, then when you're ready to drink it, scoop out the mixture and fill a cup about half to 3/4 full, then pour lemon-lime drink on top.  Stir it up then sit back and take a few sips and let the relaxation begin. 





(Need more cocktail / mocktail ideas.  Check these out over at Carole's Chatter.)

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. How cool, Carole! Thank you so much for letting me know. I will definitely link up. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that you linked in - I'll put the name of the recipe in for you. Have a super week.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics