Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Recipes To Try - Father's Day Edition

I spent a lot of time in the kitchen Sunday.  But that's okay, my husband, the father of my children, is worth it.  Here's some of the things I whipped up:

For lunch I made Paula Deen's chicken salad.  For some reason or another, I forgot to take a picture of it.  Believe me when I say this recipe is super simple to make and it tastes delicious.  I always wind up adding more mayonnaise though.

I also made The Pioneer Woman's Deviled Eggs.  Here's a sad little picture of a lonely deviled egg - all his little friends had already met their demise.  I thought my husband was sneaking in the fridge and eating them throughout the day - come to find out, it was my sneaky 3-year-old.


For supper we had The Pioneer Woman's Cowboy Bacon Beans:

Delicious!

Pioneer Woman's Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes:

Probably the best mashed potatoes I've ever eaten
And we marinaded a couple of ribeyes in this steak marinade.
 

I'm going to list the recipe for that marinade here because the link for it is all wonky on Pinterest.  And I.have.no.earthly.idea.how.I.lived.without.Pinterest.


Steak Marinade

¼  cups Olive Oil
¼  cups Balsamic Vinegar
¼  cups Worcestershire Sauce
¼  cups Soy Sauce
2  teaspoons Dijon Mustard
2  teaspoons Minced Garlic
Salt And Pepper, to taste

Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Makes enough marinade for 4 steaks - but I use it on 2 steaks - the more the merrier, right?

We had some full bellies on Father's Day.  I'll definitely be making all these things again. 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics