Friday, October 26, 2012

Witch Hat - From Drab To Fab


My girls both wanted to be witches this year for Halloween.  We're on a budget, as always, so I thought it would be cool to buy these cheap witch hats from Walmart, $1.97 a piece, and embellish them a little bit.


First I used a seam ripper to remove that funky green hair.  Then I plugged in my glue gun and got to work.  I measured the base of the hat using the feather boa that I also bought at Walmart (in the fabric/craft section) and then cut it and glued it to the base of the hat.  Then I glued some ribbon around the hat to make it look like it had stripes - which turned out, like, majorly ugly.  I wound up ripping all that off.


I decided to make some bows out of ribbon.  Glued those bows on the hats and then glued on some felt eyeballs (Michael's) in the center of some of the bows.  I also glued on some glow-in-the-dark bats.  You could use whatever you wanted - fake mice, fake bugs, real bugs - you know, whatever you're into.



It probably wasn't the best idea to glue the sort-of heavy bats towards the top of the hat, but I sorta, kinda remedied that by stuffing a plastic bag inside the hat.


I think they turned out pretty cute.  My little witches liked them and that's all that really matters, right? 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics