Thursday, October 18, 2012

Party-Pleasing Appetizers

This weekend we celebrated our daughters' birthdays.  We had a get-together at our house and I made lots of crowd-pleasing appetizers.  Everything turned out pretty dang good if I do say so myself.  Here's what I made:

First up, this yummy Creamy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip from Southern Plate.  One of the party-goers told me it was the best dip he'd ever had in his life.  Now that's some statement, isn't it? 


Also from a reader of  Southern Plate is this Taco Rex dip.  This is always a favorite at our house.


Another favorite at our house are these Mexican Pinwheels from Just A Pinch.  I've been making these for years and everybody always looks forward to eating them when we have get-togethers.  Instead of the red pickled jalapenos (which are sometimes hard to find) I used green pickled jalapenos - gave the pinwheels a little extra kick.


I also made these Bacon Cheeseburger Puffs from Plain Chicken.  They turned out good too.  They weren't quite as puffy as the ones pictured on Plain Chicken, but they still tasted good.  I also made some ranch dressing to dip them in.


Also from Plain Chicken, I made Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls.  This turned out really good too.  It was kind of hard to eat, so I just wound up cutting the bread up into pieces after it was cooked.  It didn't look very pretty after I did that, but dangit it was good!


I also made Paula Deen's Garlic Cheese Biscuits.  These are, like, my favorites y'all.  They even make you start talking like Paula, y'all.  I mean, really, y'all. Y'all, I'm serious, y'all.  I could be the next Deen Team Blogger, don't y'all think?  These are delicious and I could eat about five pounds of them at any given time.


I also made this Strawberry Champagne Punch from Allrecipes.com.  I used two bottles of champagne and one 2-liter bottle of ginger ale.  I also used one bag of frozen strawberries and one bag of mixed berries.  I realize this is not really an appetizer, but I did make it for this party because what person doesn't need an adult beverage while at a child's birthday party?  I mean, come on!!


And last but certainly not least, the star of the show:  The Country Cook's Crock Pot Party Meatballs.  These were by far the easiest appetizers I made and they were, if you ask me, the best.  Nobody can hold a candle to these balls - they were awesome!


And there you have it - pictures and links to all the appetizers we had at my girls' birthday party this past weekend.  I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you find all the links useful.  If you get a chance, leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  Love to hear from y'all!

Linking up with these great parties:




and

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipes with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so yummy! You have to have adult beverages at kids parties for sure. You make my kind of food. Found you through The Country Cook. I live in Keller so we are neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by, Miz Helen. And Rhondi, nice to meet you. Glad to have you here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics