Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dear Sam's Club...

No Soliciting at Sam's, please!


Dear Sam's Club: 

I just wanted to say that I think it's wrong that I pay a membership fee every year to be a member of a store that I can hardly stand to go to because I'm constantly bombarded by someone trying to sell me something.  It is so very, very irritating and has seriously made me think twice about whether I want to renew my membership or not. 

Here's an example of an experience I had the other day.

First, you walk in the door and they try to sell you the plus membership.  Walk another two feet and Direct TV salespeople are all over you.  You try to walk off and they follow you.  Then you finally get away from them and you make it a few more feet only to be hounded by somebody trying to sell you some kind of miracle cleaner.  Then you make it to the food section and there's people yelling at you to try this fancy-schmancy flat bread.  NO THANK YOU!!  I'M ONLY HERE TO BUY JUICE!  

On my way from the juice to the peanut butter, I hear somebody literally yelling out to "Try this bread - we'll only be here till Sunday!"  I felt like I was at a carnival or something and someone was barking at me.  I stop by the peanut butter to check out the price of that.  Out of nowhere, this lady comes up behind me trying to sell me some kind of compact makeup deal - she jibber jabbers about it for at least 3 or 4 minutes.  And I say NO THANK YOU!! 

I finally...finally make it to the checkout where they try to sell me the plus membership AGAIN!  I pay my money for my apple juice, turn to walk out the door and I'll be danged if the Statewide Remodeling man wants to sell me new windows or something like that.  Oh my word, leave me alone people! 

I just wanted to walk in here and buy some juice!!!  I don't need a plus membership, Direct TV, some miracle cleaner, fancy flat bread, compact makeup deal, still don't need the plus membership that I said no to about 20 minutes ago, or any dad-gum windows!!!  I JUST WANT TO BUY SOME JUICE!!!

I am not a rude person.  All I really wanted was to walk in Sam's and buy some apple juice.  I didn't want to be bombarded by 50 people trying to sell me stuff.  It almost makes me feel guilty because I politely walked away from all these people selling me their wares.  I shouldn't feel guilty after leaving a store that I pay a fee to be a member of.   

Please, please change your policies.  I'm afraid if you don't, I won't be the only person buying my bulk items elsewhere.  Thank you for your time.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics