Thursday, November 10, 2011

Burlap Wreath

I got the basic idea of how to do this off of guess what? Pinterest of course! I took a wire hanger, opened it up. Got two different colors of burlap that I've had for probably close to 15 years and started cutting that into strips. That stuff is messy and leaves little strands everywhere so be ready for that before you start cutting. I'd say that I had about a yard of each color of burlap - so about two yards of burlap total.

I cut strips that were about 3 inches wide (more or less) and about 12 inches long or maybe a little longer. It really doesn't matter.

Take a strip of the burlap and start kind of threading it by placing the wire hanger through it.


It's almost like you were skewering meat to put on the grill.

I poked the clothes hanger through about every inch and a half or so.

Alternate the colors of burlap if you like.

Squish it all together then twist the coat hanger closed.

Then tie a pretty bow. I think my mother bought the ribbon I used from a flea market in Mena, Arkansas - beautiful place that Mena, Arkansas - Mena will always have a special place in my heart.

Hang that gorgeous wreath on your front door and call it good!!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics